View Single Post
Old August 16, 2014, 10:02 AM   #4
barnbwt

The funny part of all this is the reason for the veto in the first place; defunding a recalcitrant head of an Integrity Unit who was busted on a DUI, for not resigning. The Texas governor has limited powers of persuasion in the government (stemming from lessons learned the last time a sitting governor was indictied, IIRC, over 100 years ago), and the veto is one of them. Now, if Rick had had something to do with the drunk driving arrest of this gal in the first place, I could see them calling it an abuse of authority. But demanding an ethics officer to resign after such a breach of faith, and taking whatever options are available to effect that should they refuse, seems entirely reasonable.

I move we close this one, since it is only tangentially related to guns, if that

TCB

EDIT: Oh, my sweet lord. From Breitbart;
"During her arrest, Lehmberg, whose blood alcohol content was nearly three times the legal limit, was caught on video screaming at police officers to the point where she had to be restrained."
Explain to me again, why in the world anybody is falling on their swords for this fool?

Last edited by barnbwt; August 16, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.02898 seconds with 8 queries