View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Kirkpatrick

Sport45, thanks for asking. The mere fact that I would be yelling and screaming is a huge sign that I'm having emotional mood swings. I've dealt with this illness for decades. You learn to spot and recognize the warning signs (think of a diabetic and blood sugar). If I'm unable to remain calm and control my emotions, it might not be a big deal, but it is enough of a chance that something is wrong that I won't risk carrying a gun, not that I would do anything, but better safe than sorry. The main reason that i wouldn't carry, is that I might stop respecting the gun and an accident could happen.

Thallub's lawyer friend does what a lot of mentally ill people do, when they are having trouble controlling themselves, they will stay out of sight because it can freak people out (think of an epilepsy seizure).

Bipolar is primarily characterized by extreme mood swings and very poor critical decision making. Over the years, with hard work, you learn to remain calm and look out for the symptoms. Since I live out of the closet so to speak, I don't worry too much if others see me acting a little strange, they all know me anyway. But if I'm reasonably sick, I will stay home for the sake of others, it's really a courtesy issue.

Page generated in 0.02233 seconds with 8 queries