View Single Post
Old May 3, 2006, 09:52 PM   #2
Arizona Fusilier

The "Peacekeeper" debuted, and went away quickly, if I remember correctly, in the 1985 - 1987 time frame. Indeed, mine came with Trooper Mk III or Lawman (or something like that ) safety instructions.

I actually had two. The first I gave to my dad so he could get on with law enforcement, and i never had a chance to shoot that one. The second one I did; it had a horrible, and I mean absolutely unuseable, double-action trigger pull. I took it to a gunsmith to lighten it, and he said he did the best he could, but it would end up detonating primers only half the time. I took it out a few years ago and it did better, so it must depend heavily on the ammo. Still, unacceptable. It also had a strange, puke-pink front site ramp insert which was also darn near unuseable; I had a more conventional red rinsert put in.

It was my first, tragic exposure to Colt's piss-poor quality (at least in the modern era). But I will give credit where credit is due. Those are standard Pachmayr grip's from the factory, and they made this gun the best "feeling" handgun straight from the box I've ever owned. It also looks bad-ass in its subdued (phosphate?) finish, uncharacteristic of most revolvers.

Last edited by Arizona Fusilier; May 4, 2006 at 11:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.02377 seconds with 8 queries