View Single Post
Old August 14, 2017, 05:43 PM   #48
BigJimP

Couple of points...portability...on a press. For many years, when I was younger - moving a lot and lived in apartments, I mounted my presses ( for metallic and shotshells ) ..to a 2" X 18" plank / and then either bolted it down or clamped it down to a portable "workmate bench" sold by black and decker.

I weighted the portable bench down with some cinder blocks for extra stability.

The workmate bench folds up ...gets put in a closet / the press permanently mounted to the 2 X 18" plank gets covered with an old pillow case and put on a shelf.

I've reloaded for well over 50 yrs...and the Lee equipment just does not hold up. Its too light / flexes too much etc.. If you really want to go to a single stage press...there are all kinds of used RCBS Rockchucker presses around...gun shows, etc...and they are cheap. The last one I had - I couldn't even give it away ..( gun show in my area last weekend...and I saw at least a dozen of them ).

There is a reason presses from RCBS, Hornaday and Dillon hold their value long term / invest in one, take care of it - clean it up if you find a used one --
sell it for what you paid for it, or more, and move on to something better down the road.

I've long since given up single stage presses ...for progressive machines...but today I also have a dedicated workspace in my shop for reloading, gun smithing, etc.../ but I would never recommend anyone spend their hard earned money on anything made by Lee...in my experience, you will just not be happy with it - and it will just aggravate the daylights out of you.

Page generated in 0.03060 seconds with 8 queries