View Single Post
Old August 13, 2017, 05:15 PM   #33
lee n. field

Quote:
What's your opinion on this Lee press?
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/80...le-stage-press

I've been reloading for a while now with a Lee hand press and it works fine, I don't have a problem sizing or seating bullets with it, but because it's a hand press, I can't use a powder measure with the mouth flaring die.

It doesn't seem this is a press that gets a lot of attention, most loaders I know use an "O" frame and not the "C" frame, but they mostly load for rifle cartridges, so I can understand wanting a more rigid and stable press.

I plan to use this "C" press to flare the mouth of cases and charge with powder. In the future I may use this press with the Lee Lube and Size kits and also a universal decapping die.

I'd just like to hear from others their experience with this press and whether or not an "O" frame press is a better press. Currently, I don't have space to mount a press besides this small "C" frame press Lee makes.
The Lee C press is pictured on Lee's Bench Plate Kit. Bottom plate is permanently mounted to your bench. Press is attached to its own plate. Slide it in, screw down the clamps to mount it.

That's how you have room to mount multiple presses. (I picked one up a few months back. Works as advertised.)

As to the press, "meh". Almost anything is going to be sturdier, and better.

Quote:
I can't use a powder measure with the mouth flaring die.
On a single stage press like this, I wouldn't do that. It works nicely with a turret or progressive, and with Lee's power measures that intergrate with the charging die. With a single stage press, I don't see the point, since you'll be working in batches anyway.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Page generated in 0.03561 seconds with 8 queries