View Single Post
Old January 21, 2019, 05:38 PM   #8
kilotanker22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddawg View Post
I don't think I could ever get interested in short range benchrest, now if we are talking 300, 600 and 1000 yard oh yeah. Even at 100 those guys shot some pretty remarkable groups even at club level. My best 5 shot group ever was with a .204 Ruger and measured in the twos and now I regret not framing that group. It was 99% pure luck and I have never gotten lower than mid threes since and those are rare

One thing I always try and stress is that accuracy is relative, we have a thread active here now where a guys is getting some really nice groups at 200 and 300 from a Thompson rifle with a sporter barrel. Shooting .5's and .4s with a target rifle is common but doing it with a off the shelf sporter impresses me.
That Thompson 270 wsm sure is a shooter. I think it could do better. AT 300 yards The crosshair takes up the entire bullseye pretty well. Sometimes its hard to tell if my aim is perfect.
And I am only human. Its cold this time of year here. Shooting well is easier in the spring..

But I agree. Shooting at 100 is boring after awhile. I find it much more difficult to keep it together further out.

Page generated in 0.02660 seconds with 8 queries