View Single Post
Old May 1, 2016, 08:28 AM   #65
Lohman446

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMarksman
fall to see how that would provide anyone with any "tactical advantage" whatsoever. Is that a joke?
Its a light hearted reference to a certain advantage one has in their own home. I know where all the lighting sources are, where the "shadowed corners", where the furniture is. I can navigate the house in the dark and know what looks out of place.

I have a different thought on what clearing a house is. It is investigating a noise. If I see a real threat the intent is, if at all possible, to gather the family and retreat to a single defensible position. My wife is competent with her handgun so it is far preferable to go "all in" and defend a single location while we wait for the police.

When some of you are referencing clearing a house in some tactically sound manner (which I take to mean firearm at least in the low ready position) I am taking that to mean how you investigate a noise. My firearm is as relatively "ready" as it can be without being obvious when I check on noises (proper grip, finger forward, behind my leg). I am careful of corners and other hiding spots. Is it the most effective way? Probably not. But I have no intention of confronting an intruder if I can know everyone else is safe in the house without it

My situation also gives less advantage to a security system as I am going to have to actively gather other family members. I cannot simply see the threat and barricade myself in my bedroom.

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 8 queries