Thread: Starr replica
View Single Post
Old April 12, 1999, 02:29 PM   #10
Gunslinger

I searched the Sportmans Guide site (Thanks for the e-mail fal) and couldn't find the Starr. I would like to get an up close and in person, so to speak, look at one to see how difficult it would be to do a cartridge conversion on one. Even though
SASS doesn't allow them NCOWS and, I believe, WASA do. I realize that SASS does stand for the SINGLE ACTION Shooting Society but what could be more authentic then the Starr?
At least SASS is flexible regarding clothing. I, like, Belicose Bill, enjoy dressing the part but agree with Jim about spending large sums of money for costuming. I think that the costume should be secondary to the guns used. We'd all look pretty comical sporting expensive duds and being forced to go BANG! BANG! at the targets because we couldn't afford the guns. Although we are fortunate to have clubs like the NSSA for that group as well. We should be thankful that there are shooting clubs/groups and origanizations to fit almost all of our taste.
Hell, I thinking of forming a group that is required to shoot nothing but 10 gauge Gatling guns at steel targets in the shape of politicians. At all shoots clothing of course would be optional. We could call ourselves the CRA, Citizens for Reasonable Anarchy. Anyone wanting a low CRA number should sign up immediately as I anticipate a very large membership.
Gunslinger

Page generated in 0.05963 seconds with 8 queries