View Single Post
Old September 25, 2010, 06:11 AM   #9
therealdeal

old bear I like the 158gr too but one of my .357's(my CCW) is a 2" barrel stainless steel 23.9 oz taurus CIA650 and I worry about these larger rounds in the smaller .357

I do like the golden sabers 125gr hollowpoints too. I have done lots of research on crimping because when I got the CIA650 for the first couple cylinders of shots(10rounds), the force of gravity stopped my cylinder rotation cold(all 125gr hollowpoint). It being a concealed carry weapon and new+not understanding crimping, this obviously bothered me. I have not had the problem since 'breaking the gun' in which some gun manufacturers say to do. I also read to not go higher than 125gr or 158 gr but I can't remember(plus most of these opinions are off the cuff gun people from forums, etc. taurus said to break it in someone said that what they told him when they called//not the most concrete evidence I know??.

At any rate I have overtested the CIA650 due to Making Sure the issue was gone- just my luck something happens and I only get one shot off trying to defend my family. I even consider my gp100 my first weapon(I'd be holding both) if something did happen at home. I don't think I have any issues with the CIA650 anymore, I just like the gp100 more unless I am CCW in which case I only have the CIA650

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)

Page generated in 0.02023 seconds with 8 queries