Thread: chronographs
View Single Post
Old July 25, 2010, 04:11 AM   #3
rg1

I know what you're talking about. 1st thing is my local range has gotten crowded and I don't want my screens out 10 or 15 feet in front of the firing line. Afraid it will get shot by neighbors on the line, benches are close together. Second thing is now we have a range officer and the range rules are that no one touches, handles firearms when a clear is called plus you are required to stand behind a yellow line during the clear except to go down range and set up targets. So you can't fiddle with your guns and screens during a clear. If you can safely do this it might work? If you can get the bench at the end of the firing line, you could set up your chrono just outside of your bench. Just step out and shoot standing thru your screens. If you have a range officer you'd need to clear it with them 1st. This would work if all you want to test is speeds of your loads. Only alternative is to find a shooting friend with access to land you can use for your tests. I'm lucky to have access to the family farm and a few friends with land but I have to drive about 125 miles round trip to do some chrono testing. Unclenick's idea is a good alternative, using a laser.

Page generated in 0.04991 seconds with 8 queries