View Single Post
Old July 16, 2010, 07:53 AM   #14
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
I don't trust their data, but, it might be worth a read.
Right. Pretty much you should never trust the data presented by a group with a strong political agenda.

Quote:
I think I read somewhere that the rate of violent crime convictions for CHL holders was actually lower per capita than that for nuns.
Classic example, but usually it is given that CCW folks have crime rates much lower than the general population as if that somehow shows that they are safer. Well of couse CCW people have crime rates lower than the general population because many of the crimes committed in the general population are specifically things that keep people from being able to obtain CCWs. The general population is composed of a goodly percentage of felons and repeat felons. So this makes for a decidedly biased presentation of the data that is done for politically motivated reasons.

Did you know that women are less likely to get prostate cancer than the general population?

So with the nun example, you can be a felon and be a nun. The two are not mutually exclusive.

You never see the comparison between CCW people and their crime rates against the general population of CCW eligible people from the general population who opt not to get a CCW. Do CCW people actually commit less crime than their "equals" in the general population?

Page generated in 0.03171 seconds with 8 queries