View Single Post
Old April 10, 2008, 03:08 AM   #13
snevensmores

I know that you don't want to be lectured, and I don't plan to do so, but I do have a few things to say.

If you would like to CCW, you're licensed, and you're mentally fit to do so, I am more than happy that you are packing.

However, with all the stuff that you mentioned wanting to carry... I think you'd be becoming VERY vulnerable to some major lawsuits if you ever used these "tools." Arming yourself with so many LEO weapons/devices will not look good to a jury, and will definitely not look good if you ever happened to be pulled over by a cop.

Also, police officers are trained with their "tools" and the force continuum is drilled into their minds. You lack that training.

If you have your CCW permit and are responsible enough to carry, then that's wonderful. More power to ya. Heck, carry some OC spray if that will make you feel safer and will keep you from having to use lethal force.

But if you start delving into the realms of impact weapons, people (or a jury) are gonna start wondering if you were looking for trouble.

And, keep in mind... if you're ever forced to defend yourself, I hope that you realize that "flight" is better than "fight" unless you have no choice or innocent people are in danger. Weapons that are meant to detain a subject are very different than those that are designed to offer defense or a means for escape.

GO CARDS!

Page generated in 0.03678 seconds with 8 queries