View Single Post
Old August 16, 2014, 09:30 PM   #44
5whiskey

Quote:
1911s are not a novice's gun, though some novices buy them just the same.
???

Quote:
What's this about a 1911 being "not good for a first gun"? I must have really screwed up because the first handgun I bought and shot was a 1911. I found it easy to learn to shoot and to maintain. Heck, it's even fun to clean. So I have five 1911s now.
That reflects my experience. The first handgun I purchased for me was a RIA GI 1911. I shot it like I stole it, never had a failure (even with HP ammo), and I eventually got to the point that I could out-shoot most people I encountered with that gun. That was back when I could get a 100 round box of WWB for 20 bucks. I eventually sold it, missed it, got a Springfield GI. It was about as reliable, accurate, and easy to maintain as the RIA. Fit & finish was maybe a little better... but essentially the same gun. I sold the Springfield (times were tight), and now I am 1911-less. I hate it. I want another one. Bad...

With all this being said, I understand disassembly is a little different than almost all other modern firearms. Still, it's not rocket science.

Page generated in 0.03346 seconds with 8 queries