Thread: 9mm v. grizzly
View Single Post
Old January 19, 2020, 04:13 PM   #29
TBM900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
OK.....

I grew up in Anderson Village Alaska. I left when I was 11 and have only returned once (when I was 19).

Unfortunately, I was too young to be included on the many Moose and Black Bear hunts my Dad (rip) went on. So, first hand experience? No, once removed but personally familiar with everyone involved.

A friend (Ben) got attacked by a Brown Bear (we called them Grizzlies and we lived inland). The first "swat" it took actually ripped Ben's nose OFF. Ben Drew his 357Mag, as the bear took him to the ground. He shoved the gun out as the bear was trying to bite him. He ended up with his hand IN the bear's mouth as it was biting on his wrist/forearm. Because he carried a single action (and was having his arm chewed on), he only managed to fire off THREE rounds. This is while the bbl was practically in the bear's throat. After the THIRD shot, the bear let go and ran off. Did it die? Don't know, getting Benny to the hospital was priority. They do know, however, it didn't die THERE.

So.... Three rounds of 357mag in the bear's mouth and the bear left. Yea, add me to the folks who say 9mm ain't a great idea in bear country.
I'm going to have...... on second thought...... never mind

Page generated in 0.02342 seconds with 8 queries