View Single Post
Old July 27, 2021, 12:01 PM   #15
gwpercle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow9mm View Post
So to start out I am going with the lee moulds and powder coating. Even if the moulds are under sized for my needs the powder coating should bump them up a bit. It will also let me play with alloys a bit to see what I want to use so I can properly order a custom mould later down the road.
There is nothing wrong starting out with Lee moulds , they will let you get your "feet wet" without breaking the bank . Order a mould for 9mm Luger and one listed for 38 special , the as cast diameters will usually be fine in these calibers (45 Colt is the trouble maker) , powder coating will increase the size and you can always size them smaller if need .

I was buying my first 9mm Luger mould and used ( bought) 4 different 2 - cavity Lee moulds to determine what I wanted was a .357 - 124 grain truncated cone gas check mould ... which I ordered from NOE in a 4 cavity version ... I could never have done that if Lee moulds weren't affordable . That was my first NOE mould and they are sweet ! But the Lee moulds let me try : 102 gr. rn , 105 gr. swc , 120 gr. tc , 125 gr rn and figure out what worked best ...it was Truncated Cone around 120-124 gr, weight !
Gary

Last edited by gwpercle; July 27, 2021 at 12:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.03171 seconds with 8 queries