Thread: Wild boar
View Single Post
Old July 19, 2011, 07:10 AM   #43
Saltydog235

Quote:
EDIT: Dressed at 850+ pounds.

BS, if that pigs over 450 on the hoof you'd be lucky, that or you're a giant of about 7'6" and 350-400 yourself. I killed a 400-450lb'er last year and he was a bit bigger than that one.

"Carolina Pigs", what the heck is that? SC has made the transport of feral hogs without a permit a crime. If you do have a permit you had better arrive at your destination with a full load that you started with or you're going to answer some questions and pay some fines. Hogs are a huge problem, especially in the coastal plain and lowcountry. Tons of swamps, bogs, bays and thickets to hide and breed in.

Heck my hunt club is over-run. Since last September-October we've probably tallied over 100 by now and I'm not sure we've hit them too hard yet. Standing rule is to shoot any one that you see. You get a nursing sow, you can shoot her and pop the little rodents with a stick. I hate a freaking pig and sorry, but pork chops at the grocery are cheap and plentiful without having to deal with the mess. Besides pig carcasses make great bait for other things plus buzzards need to eat too.

Last edited by Saltydog235; July 19, 2011 at 10:19 AM.

Page generated in 0.02076 seconds with 8 queries