View Single Post
Old September 21, 2019, 09:08 PM   #21
Tom-R2

I took 100 rounds of each pistol rounds we carry and put in a vacuum seal foodsaver bag and throw it in a heavy duty bag and have it in the trunk. It's for storage, I plan on having a couple mags on me at any given time. One vacuum bag will still fit in a side pocket of my cargo shorts if it's summer. After a year or so, I can always seal up another fresh 100 rounds and take the 'old' ones out to the range. I realize opening the trunk and grabbing the bag or opening the bag and pulling out a vacuum bag of rounds takes time, but it's a convenient way of having a compact decent amount of rounds available. I've not sealed up 223 or 7.62 rounds, but I would think they could be done the same way. You could always experiment with the number of rounds in a pack. In a crisis, which is what you're carrying that many rounds for, there isn't much reason to have an exact amount to fill your magazines x-number of times, you need to plan on what you think you may need. Since I have 4 different round possibilities, it's easier but heavier, to just grab the whole bag. That will give me rounds I can't use, but at least one pack of rounds I can. And if my wife is with me, she can use rounds for her pistol, and I generally have a different caliber, so we would have access to 100 extra rounds each. One of my packs is 40S&W, which is the round I least carry, if we encounter a law enforcement officer in a really bad situation, they may be able to use the 40s if need be.

Page generated in 0.04218 seconds with 8 queries