View Single Post
Old September 20, 2019, 09:20 AM   #5
seanc

10-96:
Quote:
My problems, it the action is way rougher than a CZ bolt gun ought to be. Sometimes it's a downright chore to get a round chambered. And, the accuracy... I realize the 7.62x39 isn't known for accuracy, but I kind of still expect a CZ rifle of any flavor to be able to group better than 2+" at 100yds. Like yours, mine has about 200rnds through it so far.
10-96, that's the kind of response I was looking for. I've seen good reviews and some bad reviews, but no back and forth on those reviews.

Given the reputation of CZ, I rolled the dice and placed my order with Buds and I think I got lucky. If it didn't shoot well, I was prepared to sell it off.

Before my purchase, I was comparing it to a Ruger American, but the RAR's bolt was soo gritty and the machining soo rough, I passed. The RAR's get good reviews on accuracy, but I didn't care for their trigger either. Not a bad trigger, I just didn't like it.

As far as chambering rounds, everything chambered easily except the PPU RNSP which took some force to close the bolt. I chambered and ejected a couple of those rounds and measured them but found no change in OAL, so I'm guessing the shoulder could be a bit long for the chamber.

For accuracy, I was happy with what I saw considering the crosshairs obscured my targets and I had 10-18 mph crosswinds that day. I do consider under 2" good for the caliber, especially for store bought, cheap ammo. I don't know if I'm motivated to reload for this caliber, so 1.5" groups have me happy. My K31 is my 1MOA rifle for reloads, GP11 and commercial. The only loads for that rifle not MOA are some of my own reloads!

Page generated in 0.03345 seconds with 8 queries