View Single Post
Old November 11, 2017, 09:23 PM   #65
RIDE-RED 350r

I'm with Mississippi on the above. I too own a new model 70 Super Grade but in 338WM. Love that rifle! While it would not be considered a "budget" rifle, I still think you get alot for the money in terms of very nice fit, finish, overall appearance along with flawless function and very good accuracy. Lightweight is not it's game though. Mine has a 26" barrel and between that and the grade V walnut it is by no means something that would be considered lightweight. But I don't mind

I also agree with gunman5646 that there really is no end-all be-all "best". Only best for a specific task for a specific individuals needs and taste. Good example is my cheap little Remmy 700ADL synthetic in 270 Win. It has a cheap plastic stock, matte finish, 22" barrel, and came from Bass Pro Shops new in 2004 as a combo with a Redhead (Bass Pro brand) 3x9x40 scope mounted for just over $400. Now it is nowhere near as elegant as my Super Grade, but the thing is freakishly accurate and the cheap scope holds it's zero year after year and just plain works in any environment I have hunted in from clear sunny to spitting snow and rain. Now that rifle is my best for going out in conditions that I don't want to subject my Super Grade to, it's much lighter and more compact for those days where I plan to do alot of walking, and along with that I can always count on it putting the bullet right where the reticle is centered.

To get the best, try to get something that is well suited to your intended task, and is to your personal tastes for function and form.

Better yet, have a couple options to choose from depending on the day

Page generated in 0.02527 seconds with 8 queries