Thread: Competition ?
View Single Post
Old February 2, 2002, 06:10 PM   #4
Mike Davies

I can't say that I agree that you should stay away from IPSC/USPSA....you most certainly will not be at any disadvantage whatsoever. Heck, I started shooting Standard class here in Canada (the rough equivalent of Limited 10 in USPSA) with a S&W 645, five 8rnd mags and an Uncle Mike's holster....I would have LOVED to have had the "disadvantage" of shooting your Kimber!! And that was 3 years ago. You have to buy some more mags anyway, and 10rnd Chip McCormicks or Ed Brown's cost the same as good quality 7 or 8 round magazines for your Kimber.
I used a Norinco 1911A1 after the Smith with five 10rnd mags, and most of last year used a new Glock 35 for IPSC Standard here in BC, Canada and USPSA Limited 10 in WA state....that's what I'm using now.
I don't quite understand how you could possibly be "out-equipmented" in Limited 10 with a Kimber (Yeh, I know about the STI's and Para's...)....I see folks using them to good effect in Limited 10 all the time.....
The main thing is that you seem to want to do some sort of competitive shooting and get comfortable with your Kimber under a wee bit of stress. Nothing wrong with IDPA, but there's nothing wrong with USPSA Limited 10 either.
Mike

Page generated in 0.02439 seconds with 8 queries