View Single Post
Old October 30, 2013, 11:01 AM   #7
Kimber84

Extending seasons with bows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDandy View Post
Well Brian you seem to know what you're talking about. Unfortunately archery specific shops are few and far between out here. Especially one licensed to carry the bow I've quasi set my sights on. And "character" isn't high on my list of forum attributes.

I'm looking at the Bowtech Assassin. I like how customizable it is- from draw weight to Let off. What are your opinions on it? Mostly the quality, the customizable nature i.e. is that on paper, or is it real world applicable? What is your verdict on that cam system?
I will say this about Bowtech, I dealt with them 3x on broken/shattered limbs on my Bowtech Liberty, the 3rd time I called it quits. There CS just wasn't there, and the last time I had the lbs replaced on the Liberty their reply was " be glad they broke now, we're it going to warranty those limbs much longer" so much for lifetime warranty.

I also once paid $50 to have warranty replacement limbs over nighted as our season was only a week and a half away, 3 weeks later they finally showed up. I'm sure they probably got their limb issues cleaned up by now, but a sour taste was left in my mouth. I just can't trust my hunt to them.

The bow shot great, when it was shooting, but it was constant problems.

There are much better companies out there when it comes to CS ( Mathews, Hoyt) and I've since switched to Mathews and will probably use this bow for quite a number of years (Helim)

I guess I just haven't been impressed with Bowtechs, sure they shoot just as good as the next but I think they leave something to be desired.

Page generated in 0.02726 seconds with 8 queries