View Single Post
Old October 30, 2013, 06:53 AM   #15
Captchee

Oldfoto
what i would suggest is that you post your question to the folks over on the double gun BBS, forum .

there you will find some of the most renown SXS makers and restoration people in the world . They can line you out properly and recommend places as to send your gun for proper inspection or restoration if needed .

Now speaking for myself . I find nothing more graceful , well fitted and balance then a good old SXS . Even the cheaper Creasents weld and feel so much better then the commonly available SXS of today.

It is best to have them looked over and inspected .
If you take one to someone who simply looks at it and says ;Damascus or Liege barrel , its not safe to shoot .
Well take it to someone else . The simple fact is that most of the manufactures we sometimes hold as producing some of the best quality guns , were using those very barrels . IE Colt , Winchester , Remington , Ithica , Perdy , Richards ,Greener, Parker ,,,, just to name a few , were all using such barrels .

But for your own safty , do have it checked out .
If you decide to shoot them or not , is up to you . There is as much joy IMO holding such a piece and thing wishing it could tell all its stories , as there is in firing it .

But in the case of the ones that are brought back to being safe or found to be safe , they then hold a whole new page which includes you

Page generated in 0.02792 seconds with 8 queries