View Single Post
Old July 7, 2013, 06:59 PM   #30
SHE3PDOG

I go into gun shops all the time with some of my other less gun smart Marine buddies. Normally they are pretty okay about keeping their fingers off the trigger, but they almost never recheck the gun for a loaded chamber/magazine after it is handed to them and they sweep nearly everything with the muzzle. In all honesty, weapons training is a very small part of the job for Marines (other military members as well, I would assume) that aren't part of the infantry. We go to the range once or twice a year to qualify, but that's really about it. I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about firearms from my military training, I learned almost everything I know from civilian instructors & knowledgeable family/friends.

I always recheck the gun after it is handed to me and before I give it back. I also always ask permission before pointing it at anything or dry firing. The clerks at all of the shops I've been to seem to be pretty appreciative of that.

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms

Page generated in 0.02158 seconds with 8 queries