View Single Post
Old July 6, 2013, 10:16 AM   #12
PawPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson
I am kind of the opposite of PawPaw. Coming from a competition background, NRA, PPC, IPSC (before USPSA got to be a separate game) and IDPA, I have been dismayed by the behavior of supposedly well trained policemen and other armed government employees.
It's what we're accustomed to, I s'pose. I've never been uncomfortable on a Condition Four range, because I assume all my brethren are as highly trained as I am, but I'm not hesitant to call someone out who is being unsafe. We're all Safety Officers and I'll chew on someone who's not paying attention. I won't be gentle about it either. I'll call it like I see it and if the other guy gets his feelings hurt, he can get glad in the same shorts. I don't care.

The one thing that made me nervous on the USPSA range was that I was concerned I'd get DQ'd because I wasn't hyper-attuned to their rules. I'll get used to it, and my scores will improve, and as long as I'm having fun I'll keep coming. The entry fees support the club and I think it's worth supporting even though they're playing games.

One question: Can anyone call a cease-fire on a USPSA range, or is that solely the province of the match officers? I saw a problem at the last competition, but didn't say anything. No one got hurt, but if it had happened on a Condition Four range, lots of folks would have noticed and several folks would have called a Cease Fire.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.04056 seconds with 8 queries