View Single Post
Old June 19, 2013, 06:00 AM   #10
Magnum Wheel Man

best guess it's a "well made" Khyber pass copy ( did I really just say that ??? ) had all the Enfield stamps, even the crown looked pretty good, however looking at it closer, the letter stamps were just that, individual letters... spaces weren't perfect... insides were the biggest tell, much cruder looking parts, stock bolt was obviously hand made, & the threads on the stock bolt & barrel / receiver were all something in of their own size... like 1/2 way between metric & standard... the stock bolt unscrewed with a large "orbit" since the threads were unique, my buddy re-used that, but put it in his lathe & trued the bolt, so it didn't screw in turning a 6" orbit like it came out... as I said, the wood was either quite well made, or actual Enfield wood was fit... it actually looked very much like a "real" Enfield on the outside...

we proofed the rifle with warm 30-30 loads, with lightly greased brass ( so the brass wouldn't grip the chamber sidewalls, & put full thrust on the breech, precise measurement of the receiver & breech block were done before & after firing 3 greased cartridges & everything mic'd out the same, so we figured it safe for normal 30-30 loads, with the recommendation, of only loading mid range loads, which was fine for me...

... as mentioned in the 1st post, I can't believe how nice & smooth the action & trigger are after my buddy finished with it... & I actually can't wait to get it out & get the front sight drifted a little & get it filed, so it's shooting to aim

Page generated in 0.02120 seconds with 8 queries