View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 03:11 PM   #3
raisitup

The provisions for exception from the licensing requirements for judges and LEOs are pretty clear. I was about to comment on the provision for veterans and active duty personnel but it seems murky enough that there'll be no Jr. Forum Lawyer opinion from me today.

Here, however, is the relevant statute:

790.062 Members and veterans of United States Armed Forces; exceptions from licensure provisions.—
(1) Notwithstanding s. 790.06(2)(b), the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall issue a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm under s. 790.06 if the applicant is otherwise qualified and:
(a) Is a servicemember, as defined in s. 250.01; or
(b) Is a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who was discharged under honorable conditions.
(2) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall accept fingerprints of an applicant under this section administered by any law enforcement agency, military provost, or other military unit charged with law enforcement duties or as otherwise provided for in s. 790.06(5)(c).
History.—s. 1, ch. 2012-108.

Ryan

Pee Ess Edit: JimDandy, not sure if you look up Florida statutes often but your link was for statutes from 2000. I did the same at first, even having to type "2012" into a link to get to the right thing

Page generated in 0.03257 seconds with 8 queries