View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013, 05:39 PM   #38
patriotic

My experiences and my opinion on why there are Taurus bashers especially the PT1911 is because of jealousy. When you pay about $700 for a PT1911 with features other manufactures charge extra for and the pistol performs just as well as 1911’s costing 2 to 3 times more it is a tough pill to swallow. Then there are those “Top of the Line” 1911s that you must shoot 500 or so rounds just to have them work correctly or pay extra for a guaranteed accuracy that cannot be proven and compare them against this $700 Brazilian pistol that works like a charm right out of the box. Sure there have been issues with the PT1911 just like every other manufacturer of 1911s. I hear bashers say it doesn’t cost enough to be a good gun but the cost is in the labor and the cost of the parts you must buy from a third party. If you make all of your own parts, use machines (CNC) that you make yourself to cut down human labor cost sure you can make a better gun for less. What would you say if I told you your Colt, Springfield, Kimber and Smith & Wesson had Taurus MIM parts?

Page generated in 0.04192 seconds with 8 queries