View Single Post
Old January 11, 2013, 11:36 PM   #36
Pointshoot

An ad hominem attack is a logical fallacy of attacking an individual rather than their actual arguments. It is irrelevant to the argument and is used as a tactic to try to denigrate the opponent.

I dont know the details of Breggin or his work, and feel no need to defend him or attack him. But as far as I have researched, no one has said "if a person takes medication X, they will automatically go out on a rampage". The fact that a particular murderer wasn't on psychiatric drugs doesnt mean such drugs may/may not be a factor in such other such events. I'm sure there have been many murderers in history who weren't on such drugs. Murder existed before they were formulated.
That said, there are 'reports from a friend of Klebold' that he'd been popping Paxil & Zoloft and he urged him to stop. That mention was from a source dated April 2011 when they also stated that Klebold's medical records were sealed. Perhaps you have a more updated source that confirms an official report. I can't imagine why the medical report of a dead murderer would be sealed. Maybe it was released since last April. From what I've seen, Klebold wasn't prescribed these kind of drugs, but that doesn't mean he hadnt taken them. Only an official medical report would confirm or repute this.

IMO one doesnt have to defend the whole field of psychiatry or psychiatric drugs, if questions are asked regarding the potential impact of these drugs in some violent crimes.

Last edited by Pointshoot; January 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.03913 seconds with 8 queries