View Single Post
Old September 30, 2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Stranger97

Marlin Camp 9 Carbine - hammer strut bridge replacement

I am in the process of replacing a hammer strut bridge on a Camp 9 carbine. Unfortunately the buffer disintegrated which I believe caused the strut bridge to fail. I have the hammer strut, hammer strut spring and a new hammer strut bridge. I am hoping somebody can offer some advice on how to replace the three components without taking the lower part of the trigger assembly apart. It almost looks if I do that I am going to have a mess on my hands. If you have one of these guns you know that the hammer strut spring (when assembled on strut in gun) has a lot of pressure behind it.

I can physically get the hammer strut bridge on the two holes by pulling both sides of the lower assembly apart, however putting the hammer strut and spring in place and into the bridge at the same time doesn't seem possible.

I appreciate any help with my problem. This is my father in-laws carbine and I have the same gun and have ordered spare parts for mine as well. I guess in a way his gets to be the test subject.
Thanks again.
-S
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-22_13-43-02_715.jpg (208.9 KB, 531 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-09-22_13-45-12_246.jpg (218.7 KB, 438 views)

Page generated in 0.03486 seconds with 9 queries