Thread: Tumbler mix
View Single Post
Old April 10, 2012, 06:19 PM   #8
m&p45acp10+1

I have media that I have used for at least 5 months. In that time I have cleaned well over 35K pieces of brass. I have never ever had any clog a case, ir flash hole ever. I dab some NuFinnish Car Polish on a cleaning patch and drop it in the tumbler with walnut shell blasting media from HF. I do toss in torn up pieces of used dryer sheets as well. I change the media when clean looking brass leaves my fingers looking black after handling it. I still have well over half of the 25 pounds I bought over a year and half ago.

Note the brass comes out clean. More towards the slightly shining side. I do not care for super bling shining brass it does not shoot any better. I like to have the brass clean for trading off for other components.

Super cruddy rifle brass goes into the tumbler for a bit before lubing and sizing. Not so dirty stuff gets sonic cleaned after lubing, sizing, and trimming. I like the sonic cleaner better due to the fact that using my tumbler stirs enough dust to trigger my allergies for a couple of days afterwards. Though the tumbler still gets used quite a bit.

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries