View Single Post
Old October 24, 2006, 11:30 PM   #7
Tim R

20 something years ago I was in same boat you are only I was shooting '06. The wife suggested I start reloading as she thought a box of 150 gr. silver tips was expensive. I bought RCBS starter kit and a ammo crafter kit and have gone from there. Today I still use the equipment I bought 20+ years ago but today it has grown to an assortment with a little something from everybody.

I now load 9mm, 38Spl, 357 Mag, 40, 45 ACP, 223, 30-30, 308, 30-06 and 300H&H. I have also loaded 7TCU and 45 Win Mag. I will be starting up on 38 super pretty soon too.

I know my list is not as big as others on this board, but it keeps me busy enough.

I load mostly 223 in the summer with some 308 and some '06 depending on what match I'm shooting at the time. If it wasn't for reloading, I would not be able to afford to shoot High Power! I still hunt with an '06 or 30-30.

I would suggest buying quailty equipment which will last you through your reloading career. Outlay will be more but you would be happier in the end.

I do own a couple of Lee priming tools, fast and simple enough, plus I like the "feel" it gives me when priming. But this is where it stops. Something simple like a shell holder....I had a Lee shell holder which would fit '06, 45, and the 308 but the RCBS shell holder just seemed to work and feel better and fit the same cartridges. For awhile I put the Lee shell holder in with die set so I wouldn't have to go looking for a shell holder but I got fed up and dumped it.

Last edited by Tim R; October 25, 2006 at 12:10 AM.

Page generated in 0.03826 seconds with 8 queries