View Single Post
Old March 20, 2006, 09:27 AM   #53
threegun

XB, The thread started with a "depends on weapon" tilt. It evolved into the discussion of which order is most approriate for engaging multiple firearm armed attackers. Either way I'm not a marathon runner and most people aren't either. You might run like a deer but I certainly don't. Running (as in sprinting) is not an option for many.

Quote:
If you retreat straight backwards, you are presenting just as easy a target as you would running straight forwards.
If you aren't returning fire this is true. If you are returning fire it is absolutely false.

Quote:
The key is erratic movement, not which way you are facing.
The key is "duress". Placing your oppenent/s under the threat of death, while gaining distance and seeking cover. Thats a common similarity among many professionals. The difference in shooting ability between someone with and without fear of death is said to be tremendous. Statistics agree that your ability goes down hill under stress.

Please don't mistake my not making a sprinting retreat with not being willing to make a hasty withdrawl prior or during any conflict. I will alway try to retreat if possible. Against armed (don't care how) attackers the best,safest, and correct way is to do so while engaging the them.

Page generated in 0.02207 seconds with 8 queries