View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 04:06 PM   #6
willhud

I don't know, I think it is pretty major. It's another step or piece of the puzzle to vilify guns and gun owners. They want to essentially put guns and/or gun ownership into the same category as smoking. There are quite a few links in a simple google search where you can see they are cutting existing ads and/or refusing new contracts for anything gun related. I would imagine for instance, that a lot of local gun stores, rely on being able to advertise. Comcast is a huge cable provider. And according to most of the articles that I read, they are doing this to bring their policies in line with NBC.

From the following link - http://news.msn.com/us/comcast-pulls...-cable-network

{In a statement provided to MSN News on Tuesday, Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, said:

"Consistent with longstanding NBC policies, Comcast Spotlight has decided it will not accept new advertising for firearms or weapons moving forward. This policy aligns us with the guidelines in place at many media organizations."

Comcast is the largest cable television company in the United States, with 22 million subscribers in 39 states. It recently announced that it would become the sole owner of NBC Universal, purchasing the 49 percent stake it doesn't already own from General Electric for $16.7 billion.}

I have enjoyed several of the shows like Guns and Ammo TV. A good deal of their advertising is based on ads just like those. How long do you think they will be able to produce those shows without those kinds of ads? And if Comcast does it, what's to keep the other cable providers from following suit?

Page generated in 0.02369 seconds with 8 queries