View Single Post
Old January 28, 2013, 09:25 PM   #16
dgludwig

Quote:
The Nano is very sleek in the fact that it has no protrusions off the sides. It has no chance of getting caught up or snagged on the safety lever or slide release.
Quote:
In the absence of a slide-release lever, does the slide stay open on the last shot with the Nano? And, if it does, what holds it open?
Quote:
it's why you can drop the slide on an empty mag. when you press the slide lock it lowers the mag follower enough to unlock the slide.
Homerboy, the reason I asked the question I did is because it is reported that the Nano has no slide release/lock. So, how do you "press the slide lock" if the pistol doesn't have any?

I do recall that you could add an extended follower to the magazine of a Ruger MK I pistol so that, even though the pistol lacked a slide release/lock, the slide would stay open on the last shot by the slide catching the extended follower. This "system" was not altogether satisfactory because the pressure of the slide against the extended follower required having to hold it (the slide) back with one hand, while you removed the magazine (via the already inconvenient butt heel mag-catch) with the other. Which is why I much prefer the MK II version-it has a slide release/lock added to the pistol.

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries