View Single Post
Old September 19, 2012, 11:30 PM   #16
Mindful

Hi there,
I just got it today new! It was sent by Legendary Arms in Arizona and I got it off gunsamerica. It shoots great, and since it wasn't ejecting I was ready to get mad, but instead I asked the guy at the range if he had any other brand of ammo. I was using Black Hills which I love for everything else, and he had some Magtech so i bought those and they worked fine!

I also when I got home I had some Winchester ammo too, so I tried that just to see if the ejector would cycle them and it did!

It's a new gun, but I noticed that it only has one ejector track so I suspect it is not the new lane ejector. I can watch it slide back so it's behind the shell when you close the cycle but I honestly think it will work fine, it's just the rim on the shells makes a big difference. I'm going to take it to my gunsmith and I'm sure he could probably sharpen the crook too. That way it may even work with the Black Hills.

The 44/40 obviously would work better, but i didn't think of that when I chose the 45 Long colt. It shoots great, and it's definitely quality work. Also... I never had to tighten the screws after shooting it either, and I was all ready to lock tite them after reading a few things before.

I honestly think they're really great guns, and I was getting kinda worried reading all the terrible things about them before, ha ha....

I'm happy, and I even wrote to cimarron email to mention what happened. Maybe they will want to put the other ejector in, but I may not really need it anyway. I honestly think that the Black Hills are simply such small rims that they wouldn't work in a winchester either.

Richard

Oh, about 1300.00

Page generated in 0.02904 seconds with 8 queries