View Single Post
Old February 27, 2001, 06:57 PM   #6
Poodleshooter

Quote:
i think poodle shooter refers to a minor caliber rifle and not a dog shooter!!!
Yup. I shoot AR-15's a lot. I like to keep my shooting a well rounded experience
Handgunhunting: Yup. It should burn similarly. You should probably try it with 60grains and work up to test for peak accuracy. I would bet that more powerful charges would increase accuracy to a point with sabots. To check relative velocity, you may want to check your trajectory against loads with RS.
Aristophanes: Charges over 1.5x the bore eroding the breech with Pyrodex RS? From corrosion or heat? I find the idea of RS eroding the breechblock in factory recommended charges rather odd. Do you mean with pistols only? I know that this would heartily disappoint the majority of blackpowder hunters who shoot upwards of 100 grains of RS in their .50's (myself included). I'll have to check out those links-thanks!
BigG is absolutely right on Pyrodex use in a flintlock. Hodgdon specifically mentions that it needs a HOT flame (percussion) for proper ignition. Using a finer granulation or duplexing your load should help with that though.

Page generated in 0.03066 seconds with 8 queries