View Single Post
Old March 6, 2012, 06:28 PM   #9
hircus

Thanks folks, a couple photos of receiver top (hopefully they are what you are after. There are no markings any where on receiver (been over everything with magnifying glass) - except for a crown over N on R/H side of breech.

The receiver certainly looks closest to a GECO so far (thanks PetahW), but the bolt looks closest to a Cooey (thanks Mr_Raw) - but looking through alot of photos on the web there is not much difference between makes and models around this era of single shots.

I still have not however come across a trigger mechanism that even colsely resembles the straight single plate this one has. The rear sight is also a bit of an anomoly (Sp?) - is there a comb piece missing from this?

There could well be 2 Mr Joostens, Jim. Also found this little article:

http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/te...dy1-d7-d6.html

Metzger, V. And Company (Victor Metzger and Henry Joosten), Importers of Oil Engines, Dynamos, and Batteries, Gore Street, Bluff. This busineess was established in 1899, and is conducted at the engineering establishment of Mr V. Metzjer.

and this is the current info from HNC Joosten in Hamburg today (via google translate):

http://web2.cylex.de/firma-home/henr...h-5463286.html

Machinery and equipment exporters, toy exporters, optics, toys, export, metal and metal goods wholesale, tools exporters trade, wholesale trade, mechanics, exporters, iron machining, sheet metal and metal goods exporters, export counseling, sheet metal and metal goods, watches and jewelery, export and import, importers, tools, flowers, bristles and animal hair exporters, metal products, iron working, iron, iron wholesaler tires exporters, machinery and equipment, flower importer, flower exporters, precision engineering and optics-exporters, sales, metal goods, buy metal, bristles and animal hair, import, exporters and importers, watches and jewelery exporters, tires, import, Export, Foreign Trade, export Agency, bed springs and down, bed springs and down-exporters, tools, game merchandise

I don't know but my simple take on it is just putting these 2 together they may be the same company?? I really don't know though.

Thanking you all very much again for your time and patience.

Top of receiver photos:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020243a.jpg (229.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg P1020244a.jpg (238.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg P1020245a.jpg (227.3 KB, 300 views)

Page generated in 0.02501 seconds with 9 queries