View Single Post
Old August 20, 1999, 04:40 PM   #6
Rich Jone

I have a USP45 full size, (2) 229's, (1) 220, & (1) 226. I bought the USP based upon the glowing reviews from all the gun magazines. However, after taking it to the range, I was slightly disappointed.

Reason: In single action mode, after removing all the "slack" (play) from the trigger, there is a noticeable amount of "creep" before the trigger breaks & the gun fires. For a $600.00 gun, this is not acceptable. I would expect this type of "creep" on a Lorcin or a Jennings, not on an H&K. None of my SIGs have any type of "creep". This also is not an isolated incident since my friend's USP45 & USP40 compact also have creep.

Now step back & look at a typical SIG & a typical USP. The frame of a SIG is manufactured from a solid billet of aluminum machined out from numerous painstaking steps on an numerical controlled milling machine. When you examine the USP 45, it is nothing more than a hunk of INJECTION MOLD plastic (aka, polymer, which sounds more expensive) with four chunks of metal impregnated into the frame to serve as the guides for the slide. And to think that H&K can justify asking $600.00 for a typical USP is phenominal! It probably costs less than $25.00 to make that frame. The full retail cost of the USP should be in the neighborhood of $300.00 to $400.00, not $600.00. What's worst is that the compact USP's cost even more (up to $675.00). That's like going down to the Chevy dealer & paying $30,000.00 for a Cavalier Z24 or paying $25,000.00 for a Camaro Z28. That's why I laugh a people who pay "more" (cash)for "less" (gun). BTW, I still felt cheated after paying $475.00 for my used USP45 full size.

Sorry for upsetting anyone; just the facts!!!

Page generated in 0.02429 seconds with 8 queries