View Single Post
Old February 18, 2000, 05:58 AM   #18
tuc22

I might be the author of this quote or I might not,"The handgun is purely a defensive weapon one conceals on their person while amongst the mostly civilized populace who do not wish to encounter firearms or accept their presence", but it doesn't really matter who said it, the point is we are not going to be prepared for violence in most cases, if we were we would have the primary arm (rifle,or SG) with us along with its complementary piece, the pistol and concealment wouldn't be an issue. In the realm of daily personal defense we carry the pistol and hide its presence from view. Again, I can see the only time you will have a long arm is when you are in your car or at home, on the street it will always be the handgun. In your house, go for the SG. In your car, a carbine or rifle. You'll be damn lucky (or unlucky) if the fight lasts long enough to reach a long gun secured in a car trunk or home closet. I don't subscribe to every day carry around the house. If there were recent threats or incidents, that certainly would require me to be armed 100% of the time.

Page generated in 0.06760 seconds with 8 queries