View Single Post
Old November 7, 2008, 08:40 PM   #130
PhoenixConflagration

I'm new to gun ownership. I have a C9. The only other gun I've shot is my friend's kel-tec .380 (teeny-tiny thing). I read extensively about the HP before getting it, and here's why I did:
After years of thinking guns were just something other people dealt with, I decided it was time for me to get serious about protecting myself and my wife. It's a dangerous world. I looked at guns in the under $100 range and the only one that anyone had anything good to say about was the C9. I knew what I was getting. An entry-level, starkly utilitarian handgun that had reasonable reliability for its bargain price. I knew it wasn't going to be my last gun, only my first. Someone else made a good point about the gun on your dresser always being better than the gun still in the store. That was my reasoning. The C9 will always be in my nightstand. Why not, it works. As for CC, it's just so damn wide/thick. I'm looking at a quality mid-range gun (Taurus-KahrCW-Glock-XD) with a narrower profile for CC, but meanwhile I'm protected until I can save up for one.

Page generated in 0.04293 seconds with 8 queries