View Single Post
Old October 12, 1999, 03:32 PM   #9
Mike Spight

Fotu:

Yep...the same Bill Wilson. Oddly enough, during the first couple of years of IDPA, Wilson shot a Beretta 92 in SSP. Don't know how he did, but reportedly, very well.

Fotu, I don't have the IDPA Website up right now...as I haven't committed the equipment lists for weapons and leather to memory, I can't tell you anything for sure. Again, if IDPA is saying that you can shoot a certain type of Glock in CDP, then go for it. I was under the impression that only 1911 type SA pistols in calibers .45ACP, 10mm and .400 CB could shoot there (at least, that's all I've ever seen shoot there...anything else really isn't competitive, if winning is what you're interested in). If the website says you can shoot a Glock 21 or 23 in CDP, I'm sure you can.

BTW, I went to the website...you can also shoot the Glock 21 and 23 in SSP.

Again, I ONLY shoot SSP. I don't concern myself with the other classes at all. It's too much of a pain in the ass...I like to keep it simple and focus on SSP.

As to why you can't shoot anything bigger than .40 S&W or .41 AE in ESP, I don't have a clue as to what the rationale there is...probably because CDP exists for those who want to shoot .45s and .400s. ESP shooters can concentrate on pistols that have less recoil or something like that.

I know it's confusing...don't give up though...if you're interested, go to a local IDPA club, shoot the classifier and have fun. It just doesn't get any better than that!

Hope I didn't confuse the issue any more than it already was!

Mike

Page generated in 0.03752 seconds with 8 queries