View Single Post
Old April 12, 2008, 12:10 PM   #12
TexasSeaRay

Reloading for only .270 will not save you any money--at least not for a long time or unless you shoot a LOT of rounds every month. Most long gun shooters I know don't. Their ammo is for hunting.

I load for all my hunting calbers. I do so because I started reloading for all my handgun calibers, thus I already had the big investments (press, scales, etc) out of the way and only needed dies, case trimmer, etc. I can also make better, more accurate ammo than the factories can (mass produced, that is).

I now reload for every caliber I own with the exception of .22LR. And yes, I save buttloads AND shoot more. Recently I began casting my own boolits, and this will bring the cost of handgun ammo to almost obscenely cheap.

But if all you ever foresee loading for is .270 and you don't shoot that often, you may never realize any cost savings--not with the way the cost of components continues to rise.

Jeff

So to those of you who are members of neither, thanks for nothing.

Page generated in 0.03255 seconds with 8 queries