View Single Post
Old April 11, 2000, 02:17 PM   #14
Futo Inu

This one has quite a few gems.

-How does a gun suddenly get "onto the streets" from someone's home, once the person dies?

-"Duh" factor high: The cop's not going to go door to door asking for the guns. That'd be a good way to catch some unwanted lead.

--I receive a letter: "Turn in Joe Blow guns if he's dead". Okey dokey. I'm all over it. No need to reply, explaining about cold dead fingers, etc. - Just ignore the letter.

-What does a "Criminal History Arrest Information Reporting System" have anything to do with a register of CCW license holders?

-The guy/son (i.e. criminal) who "broke into" the lady's home and stole a handgun - so what - I suppose it would be impossible for him to steal the gun if the license holder was still alive???

We're seeing the pre-cursor to full registration and gov't tracking of all guns everywhere in the U.S. That would definitely NOT happen in OK - YET. So far, we have the common sense to realize that if someone dies, a handgun passes either testate or intestate to the right bequestees/heirs, and believe it or not, this can happen quite smoothly without government involvement, thank you very much. Freakin' communist bastards.

Page generated in 0.02396 seconds with 8 queries