View Single Post
Old January 3, 2007, 02:00 AM   #39
PsychoKnight

Yes, Don ..that is correct they pretty much fit each other, but I have read that the Lee dies and the honady lockNload don't always play nice together, I guess they have to be screwed in very deep, and the 9mm does not work well at all.

Well, there is a simple trick to get the Lee dies to seat fully into the LnL. Just flip the die's lockring upsidedown, discard the rubber 0-ring, and you will get the additional thread or two to just barely engage all the threads in the lockring.

I have the LoadMaster, 12 years, but looking at the Hornady LnL lately. It is way smoother than the herky-jerkie Lee LM, but I'm not liking the primer tube pickup system. You have to pick each and every single primer individually with a pickup tube. On the Lee, you throw a hundred in the tray, shake till they are all turned up, and you're done, about 6 seconds. To be fair, for the LnL you can get a Frankford Arsenal Vibra Prime for $30 to fill primer tubes in about 25 sec., but still, and extra device and an extra step.

Also, $255 for a LnL case feeder? That's $350press + $255feeder = $605. No shellplate or dies ? ($27plate, $35dies) $667 for 1 caliber. No bullet feeder?
On my LoadMaster, I don't like the smashed primer sliders & mangled top cover for the primer trough , due to the flimsey primer activation arm that pops out from the slider pin every so often and allows the primer to punch the slider right through the primer trough top cover. Be prepared to purchase a half dozen primer sliders and trough covers for each primer size so you have ready backup. Good thing sliders are only $1 each and trough covers $2, and shipping is a flat $4. I don't mind keeping $20 in spare parts if it saves me $400 or $500 from buying a better press and several calibers. If I had the money to spend, I'd get another gun instead.

Last edited by PsychoKnight; January 3, 2007 at 02:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.02610 seconds with 8 queries