View Single Post
Old February 7, 2006, 12:43 AM   #9
4V50 Gary
Staff

When I read this post, it sounded familiar and I vaguely recalled a muzzleloader that had multiple discharges with one pull of the trigger.

The easiest system was the Belton which had a barrel loaded with a ball (perhaps a wad seal) & powder, placed atop another load of ball & powder. The flintlock lock was slid along the stock and stopped before each touch hole. It could be fired at least a dozen times. It was suppose to be an American secret weapon.

Before the Belton, there was a four barrel matchlock pistol that could discharge fifteen sequential shots with one pull of the trigger. You can see it on page 105 of M. L. Brown's Firearms in Colonial America.

Now, as to the single barrel roman candle type gun that BarnetMill mentioned, I'm going to have to look some more into it. I recall reading something about it but my memory is cluttered with too much sharpshooter stuff to remember it right now. Give me a couple of weeks (I'm going AWOL 2/7 and won't be back until 2/12) to see what I can find.

Page generated in 0.03142 seconds with 8 queries