View Single Post
Old July 12, 2011, 07:29 PM   #6
ThomasT

Eastbank I like your gun. I read an article in Guns & Ammo many years ago written by Terry Murbach and he had an adjustable rear sight added to his J-frame along with a taller front sight. I have wanted a gun like that ever since but simply cannot find a GS willing to do the work. I even talked to the big guy Hamilton Bowen and he wouldn't do the work.

The rear site won't be a problem but I want the front site in a milled groove and pinned. I worked all my young life in my dads machine shop and if he still had it I would do the work myself. There is nothing hard about the upgrade. Heck I might even buy several model 31s and make the change just to sell a few.

I have a S&W 431PD with the lightweight frame and I sure wish it would occur to S&W to make this same gun with a 3 or 4 inch barrel with adjustable sights in 32 long or better the 32 mag. I don't think it will ever happen though. It doesn't seem like anyone but a few old die hards want a nice field or trail gun anymore. Everyone just wants a handgun to shoot someone else. I think folks worry too much about BG attacks.

Page generated in 0.02115 seconds with 8 queries