View Single Post
Old December 17, 2019, 03:02 PM   #30
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Sitting at a bench is not practice. My practice is standing off-hand and kneeling.
So if folks don't do it your way they aren't doing it right? There are a lot of things you can practice from the bench, and like onlinebiker, that may be how you hunt.

I actually used to have a feeder along my 400 yard shooting range and would hunting from not just from a bench, but from the very bench I used when sighting in my rifle, LOL.

I can't say that I practice shooting for hunting any more given that I hunt hogs all year long, usually out 3-4 times a week. My range time is to check zero, verify work done on gear, and to try out new gear. After that, everything goes into the field. Probably 90-95% of my shooting is off of trigger sticks, a few percent from a bench (box stand) and the other pittance percentage from the edge of trees, rested on barbwire fences, rested on T-posts, rested on my truck, and offhand.

Page generated in 0.04427 seconds with 8 queries