View Single Post
Old January 1, 2014, 02:14 PM   #33
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
As it is, I hate to waste range time/ammunition on something that doesn't really count as practice time or skill-building.
Well, that's one way to look at it. But I would say that no time shooting is ever wasted, just as no round that hits what you aimed at is ever wasted.

Some kinds of practice may not be as beneficial as others, for a given end, but to me, there is always some benefit from shooting, even if its only to show you how much you need to practice..

I often shoot my handguns off the bench, its a good comparison to how well I can do with exactly the same gun and ammo, offhand.

I find it interesting that in this thread, about half the folks say they don't ever shoot from a rest. One doesn't seem to hear that in rifle forums, which is rather curious, considering rifles are much easier to hang on to, and with a good sling (or even without) you can lock yourself into some pretty stable shooting positions. Yet, everyone seems to say "shoot from a rest" if at all possible.

No, shooting from a rest won't help you a lot with the skills for draw and fire rapidly and accurately at belly gun distances. But there is more in my shooting world than just that.

Any shooting is practice. Whether or not it is good practice depends on your aim. (double entendre fully intended)

Page generated in 0.03377 seconds with 8 queries