View Single Post
Old October 8, 2002, 11:19 AM   #6
Roadrunner

I've been patiently waiting for my application to work its way through the Fairfax Rod & Gun Club. I've been shooting there since last year as a guest and have felt very welcomed at the various events. The wait is long because their bylaws limit the membership to only 950 members. The club recently completed a $1.5 million upgrade to their ranges, including improved baffles and overall appearance. The upgrade had shut down some of the ranges, but they are now up and running. I've been told there are plans/discussions for adding new ranges. There is a school just over the hill from the club so they are quite concerned about safety and the potential for any rounds leaving the ranges. If you have seen the club's website, the improved ranges look much nicer then the old photos still on their website.

I'm a member of the Izaak Walton League (Arlington-Fairfax Chapter), our range is in Centerville. The website has membership info and you can request a membership package. The dues are inexpensive and the ranges are nice (trap/skeet, handgun & rifle on a 100-yard range). We even have a nice fishing pond too. The last time I heard, the membership was up around 2200 members. The rifle range can get busy on the weekends, especially during deer season. I was there yesterday afternoon sighting-in a new rifle and scope. There were only two other shooters on the 12+ lanes.

Page generated in 0.03867 seconds with 8 queries