View Single Post
Old November 4, 2018, 11:16 PM   #127
briandg

Quote:
Its all a rather benign representation of "attack" if you even want to call it that. Its provocative, its harassing, its goading, its unpleasant, its probably a minor crime in most places but if someone wants to highlight what part suggests life threatening peril... I am all ears.

When his only chance of retreat was lost, he was in a corner and a guy who stood maybe five feet taller and outweighed him by what looks to be forty or so pounds had been tossing him around like a bag of chips. Without audio, we don't know what sort of threats or other exchanges happened, but we do know that the guy had yelled aggressively at the cashier. The guy was apparently out of his damned mind. The guy with the gun drew it far too early, he was wobbling around trying to keep it away from the guy, but gee, the guy didn't seem to want it yet with that gun in his right hand, wth could he do but get his butt whipped?.

When the guy with the gun decided to fire, he was trapped, a man who was adrenaline pumped was banging him around, and in a matter of seconds, that was going to go beyond his control. he was going to go on the floor with this guy on top of him. He had two possible assumptions to make, one was to assume that the guy just wanted to beat him up a little bit because he was angry.

That assumption is one that can lead to death.

The other possible ending was that the guy did trip him, get him on his back, knee him, punch him, take his gun, kill him. a knee to the nads or solar plexus would have literally put him out of combat.

The erratic, completely abnormal behavior led him to choose deadly force over being crushed and disabled, and possibly killed.

I don't know if you would ever find yourself in that same stupid situation, but if you did, I would want you to shoot. I believe that if the guy had not been stopped, he would probably have caused a serious injury. Not maybe, probably. He had escalated from yelling at a poor old guy to beating an armed man. why would we believe that he wouldn't escalate further? I don't want your death to be another piece of propaganda. I don't think that you would have made all of the dumb choices that led to this guy backed in a corner with a wired up monster on top of him.

Among all of the stupid things that he did, the only one that I believe was right was to shoot, and maybe save his life. He didn't have to use three rounds, as far as I can see the guy was already backed off and maybe he didn't have to kill the guy. I can't fault his decision based on the guy's behavior. You can't tell if the dog is going to bite until you are bleeding.

Page generated in 0.03539 seconds with 8 queries